|On the left is the Pudding Cap from the V&A, on the right is the pudding cap I recreated.|
|A view from the inside.|
For the silk ribbon ties at the top (which used two pieces of 19in long ribbon that is 2in thick), I sewed them to two of the triangle's points and declared the project done!
- The triangles should be more oblong in shape, to better reflect the original.
- Using a velvet ribbon that is less than 1/2in thick would also better reflect the original.
- I found that the band didn't shrink when stuffed and I ended up cutting about 4in off...it was so big it would have fit my head.
- I probably didn't need to have a separate seam on the bottom of the band. It's hard to tell if the original has the velvet trim along the bottom...I'm guessing that it might not in which case I should have cut the fabric to be one continuous piece.